Monday, March 8, 2010

#2 My Topic

My topic is Gesture Based Computing under the sub category of Innovation. Gesture based computing is using gestures to cause a reaction from some form of electronic system. For instance, the nintendo wii uses gesture based computing. by waving your arms (with the wii mote) it causes that same action to happen in the game. In wii baseball you use a swinging motion with the wii mote and this action stimulates the game and causes the batter to swing. Another example is the I phone. Simply by touching the screen or making sliding gestures on the screen with your finger it stimulates reactions. this is essentially gesture based computing.

Innovation is making progress and bettering things. I will be researching how things have been innovated and quite possibly how i think they will continue to get better. This is a fairly simple concept and I'll be honest, I'm beginning to look forward to this research

1 comment:

  1. excellent analysis and synthesis of the two texts - you rock!

    ReplyDelete